I saw the turquoise eyeliner look on Emily Ratajkowski attending Met Gala and it clicked with me. Why not trying to achieve the same eye look, but with a cobalt blue liner than has been screaming “wear me!” from the bottom of my eyeliner drawer, I was thinking. I ended up using similar colors to create an everyday appropriate look. Since I’ve been posting a lot about affordable makeup, I decided to include some of my favorite high-end products into this makeup tutorial.
To create this cut crease cobalt blue eye makeup, I used:
* Korres Greek Yoghurt Smoothie Priming Moisturiser
* Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation in Y225 Marble
* Clarins Instant Light Brush-On Perfector Concealer in Light Beige
* Eve by Eve’s Mattifying HD Loose Powder
* Clare Blanc Mineral Brow Powder in 803 About Brown
* Clare Blanc Eyeshadows in the shades 850 Coral Rose and 867 Royal Burgundy
* Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden
* Clare Blanc Luminizing Mineral Powder in 22 Be Mine
* Elizabeth Arden 24HR Liquid Eyeliner in the shade Electric Blue
* Smith & Cult Lash Dance Mascara
* Clare Blanc Mineral Blush in 707 Japanese Cherry
* Elizabeth Arden Illuminating Liquid Highlighter in the shade Golden Kiss
* Elizabeth Arden Liquid Lipstick in the shade 08 Passionate Peach
Cobalt Blue Cut Crease Look, Step-by-Step Tutorial
1. Start by applying your favorite primer and a foundation. My current favorite combo is Korres Greek Yoghurt Smoothie Priming Moisturiser and Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation. I apply the primer with my hands and use a pink beautyblender to apply foundation.
2. The next step is a concealer. If you remember Radiant GirlBoss Makeup Tutorial, my current favorite high-end concealer is Clarins Instant Light Brush-On Perfector Concealer. It’s a lightweight luminous product that is perfect for the days when you want the under eye area to look flawless and natural. Usually I apply a few dots of a product on a selected area and blend it with my micro mini beautyblender.
3. Remember the rule of combining makeup textures? Since we applied creamy concealer, it’s important to set it with a powder. For this look I used Eve by Eve’s Mattifying HD Loose Powder that I received in my February’s GlossyBox. It’s a slightly pigmented powder that helps to eliminate under eye discoloration.
4. For my eyebrows I decided to think outside the box and picked Mineral Brow Powder by Clare Blanc. It turned out to be a bit lighter shade that I expected (let’s be real here, I prefer black brows but somehow always select medium brown powders—where is the logic?). I used a two-sided brow brush to first brush eyebrow hair with a spoolie and then fill them in with angled brush.
5. For eye makeup, I decided to use mineral eye shadows by Clare Blanc in the shades Coral Rose and Royal Burgundy. First, I applied a rose shade onto my crease and spent good few minutes blending the eyeshadow to create a luminous transition. Then, I followed with a burgundy shade to emphasize the outer corner of the eye. Finally, I took a bigger blending brush to mix two shades together.
6. To create cut crease, I decided to use an eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden by Urban Decay. Using a brush that comes with a primer, I created a line on my crease and filled in this shape moving towards eyelashes.
7. To make the cut crease even more standout, I filled in the area that I prepped in the step before with Clare Blanc Luminizing Mineral Powder. I used a small flat brush to ensure that I do not move outside of the cut crease line created with the primer.
8. For eyeliner, I used a gorgeous cobalt blue liquid liner by Elizabeth Arden. I guess you’ll agree based on these photos that the pigmentation of this product is amazing. I have to add that the product features a brush that is super easy to work with.
9. For lashes, I used Smith & Cult Lash Dance Mascara which is perfect if you are looking to create a voluminous lash effect.
10. To emphasize the cobalt blue eyeliner even more, I decided to put on false lashes by Ardel.
12. For highlighter, I used a new liquid highlighter by Eizabeth Arden in the shade Golden Kiss. I applied using a mini beauty blender designed for contouring.
13. To finish the look, I used a liquid lipstick by Elizabeth Arden Liquid Lipstick in the shade 08 Passionate Peach. It’s been my go-to product as I’m obsessed with this gorgeous shade of peachy beige.
I hope you enjoyed this makeup tutorial. Please let me know in the comments area below if you tried any of the products I used in this tutorial. I look forward to hearing if there are any luxury makeup products that you’d like me to test out on the blog!
P.S.—Meanwhile, if you want to see this tutorial in video format, check out this video that I created for Instagram.