Ever since I saw her at The Wolf of Wall Street, I knew that she will be a superstar! Incredibly talented and beautiful, I had no doubts that Margot Robbie will obtain a big Hollywood star status in a matter of years and look where she is now. Not only her Suicide’s Squad character Harley Quinn became the most popular Halloween costume of 2016 (I was one of these people rocking Harley Quinn makeup too!), she’s been a cover girl and a constant inspiration for so many people.
Since I’ve been admiring Margot’s beauty for so long, I was thinking why not featuring one of her signature makeup looks in my Get the Look series? Today we’ll try to recreate her orange red lip look that she wore for the 2015 Oscars. As always, I tried to use as many drugstore products as I could so this celebrity makeup look is budget-friendly!
To create this look, I used the following products:
- Almay Age Essentials Makeup Foundation: I mixed two shades (#100 Fair and #110 Light) to match my skin tone.
- Almay Age Essentials Concealer in shade #100 (under eye) and #200 (contouring)
- Almay Complete Look Palette
- * Pop Beauty Setting 101 Palette (full review)
- Wet N Wild Mega Cushion Countour: It’s a new launch at the drugstores which was super easy to work with. While I’m not contouring my face on everyday basis, I think it’s an interesting concept worth checking out. Especially if you are more into cream than powder contouring.
- * Pixi by Petra Eyeliner (full review)
- Kevin Aucoin Lash Curlier (full review)
- L’Oreal Voluminous Primer
- L’Oreal Voluminous Feline Noir Mascara: I loved the coverage of this ultra-black mascara, but I’m not joking it takes three makeup removers to take it off your lashes!
- Wet N Wild ColorIcon Blush in 325B Pearlescent Pink
- Stila Stay All Day Lip Liner in Pinot Noir
- Pop Beauty Liquid Lipstick in Poppy Pout
Now, when we have all the tools ready, let’s dive into the step-by-step tutorial:
Step #1: Apply your favorite anti-aging foundation (so it’s smoothes your skin even if you don’t have wrinkles). I mixed two shades together to match my skin tone.
Step #2: Using a concealer brush, apply concealer under the eyes to camouflage dark circles.
Step #3: Pick a lip balm or a clear brow gel and brush your brows upwards.
Step #4: Contour your nose with the darker shade concealer. Draw two parallel lines on the sides of your nose and blend them with a blending brush.
Step #5: Set under eye area and already contoured nose with a setting powder.
Step #6: Using a cushion contour, warm up your skin a little bit under your cheeks and on forehead.
Step #7: Pick Almay eyeshadow palette and apply light beige shade all over your lid.
Step #8: Use a flat brush to apply a warm brown shade underneath your eyes.
Step #9: Pick a warm brown shade and apply it with blending brush onto the outer corners of your eyes.
Step #10: Use a round brush to apply dark brown eyeshadow close to your lash line.
Step #11: Curl your lashes!
Step #12: Apply a white priming mascara on top lashes.
Step #13: Use ultra black mascara on top and lower lashes.
Step #14: Apply a tiny amount of lip gloss or Aquaphor on the inner corners of your eyes.
Step #15: Apply blush starting from the middle of your cheeks.
Step #16: Final step is a bright orange red lipstick!
That was it for this simple, but so feminine and chic makeup that Margot rocked at the Oscars. I hope you enjoyed it! As always, please let me know in the comments area below which celebrity makeup tutorial you’d like to see on the blog next!