Recently, I got bored with my regular breakfasts and decided to impress Ben with something new interesting and delicious. Usually he likes to try new foods, but at the same time he is very picky about his breakfasts. So I decided to put something together with “Ben-approved” ingredients: eggs and bananas. Thus banana pancakes with protein and berries seemed like a good idea.
I used a very easy recipe that requires only three ingredients (eggs, bananas, and protein powder) but my pancakes turned to be very delicious. Ben ate the entire plate and asked to include this dish into our breakfast routine. In other words, the recipe had a big success!
Ingredients (for two people):
- Bananas – 2 medium
- Eggs – 4
- Protein powder – 1 scoop (I used CytoSport Muscle Milk Protein Powder, Cookies ‘N Creme)
- PAM® Organic olive oil cooking spray
- Berries – as per your choice
2. Mash bananas with fork until there are no nubbins.
3. Add eggs (with yolks) to the bowl with mixed bananas and mix.
4. Add protein powder and thoroughly mix.
5. Sprinkle a pan with an olive oil spray. Take a tablespoon and start putting your pancake dough on the pan. I usually put four pancakes on the pan so they do not stick to each other.
6. Cook each pancake for about a minute on one side.
7. Serve with berries of your choice (I prefer raspberries or blueberries). I also like to put on top of my protein pancakes some Agave syrup, nut butter or (if it is a totally cheat day) some melted dark chocolate.
I hope you find this easy recipe to be helpful. Please let me know if you liked this recipe and whether you like to learn more about my favorite breakfast meals.