I love surrounding myself with pretty notebooks, planners, sticky notes and other bright-colored desk essentials and update my collection every academic season. Luckily, many brands are aware about us, school supplies lovers, and prepared for us new collections for the upcoming semester. Hurray! It’s time for back to school shopping!
1. Student agendas. Planning is everything and for many of us Google Calendars make more harm than help when it comes to college. My position on that matter is that you can set up a million reminders, but stuff really makes done if you write by your hand a deadline date in your beautiful organizer.
2. Notebooks. I am amongst those people who take hand written notes and then transfer them to the computer that is why pretty notebooks are essential for my learning process. I am very picky about the quality of the paper (it should be smooth and not very thin) and always give a favor to spiral notebooks. When it comes to multi-subject notebooks, I am un-decided: Sometimes I pick one big notebook for all classes and sometimes I like having a separate one for each subject.
3. Pencil Pouch is a must-have item for me since I ruined my favorite Coach bag with my ball pens last year. If my makeup brushes deserve a separate bag, why not dedicate one for pretty pens and pencils? It doesn’t have to be a big pouch, just big enough to handle the necessities. I am not a big fan of carrying an entire rainbow of markers and colored pens with me, but I like to have a couple of back up ones in case I feel especially creative or want a draw something.
4. Highlighters. The more the better! I love highlighting and color coordinating sentences and phrases when reading so those are my to-go college supplies. I use markers only if I am reading print outs though and underline important phrases in pencil while reading a book.
5. Sticky Notes. Those are also handy for reading books since I am avoiding ruining pages with my notes and comments. I like having a couple of sets on my desk while studying, one for bookmarking important stuff and another for writing to-do lists or creating a list for the upcoming research.
6. Clips. You never know when you need those, so it’s better to be prepared and have a couple of them ready in your pencil pouch. I personally prefer colorful ones, as it makes boring filing a little bit more fun.
7. Travel Mug. Hydration is the key and I always make sure to have a cup of my favorite mint tea with me while at the class. I prefer using travel mugs because those are adorable and it also helps to save the planet.
8. Folders. Those are fun to have around when you need to be super organized (when it comes to college, it means always). I am not a big folder girl, but I think that I will try doing more of that type of filing this semester.
9. Backpacks. Since their triumphal return to the runways in 2015, these school bags are not only the best decision you can make for your back, but also fashion staples.
10. Backup Chargers. I always ran out of battery while in college and it’s not the best thing to do when you are planning to go out after your class. I am trying my best to keep one of the many backup chargers I own in a school bag, but (Ben will confirm!) often still forget those battery helpers at home.
What are your favorite office supplies and where do you buy them?