When my mom was pregnant with my younger sister, everybody thought she was going to have a baby boy. To our surprise, it turned out to be a baby girl and my dad jokes ever since that my mom “tricked him twice”: first with me and then with my sister (the doctors expected that I’d be a boy too!). I’m happy that I was born a girl! Think about all the high heels, dresses, and red lipsticks that I have in my collection and you’d easily figure out why. I feel strongly about every stereotypically “girly” thing—from watching a marathon of my favorite romantic movies to organizing everything in my life—and would like to encourage other women to embrace this feminine side!
Today, I’m partnering with Vera Bradley to take a part in the brand’s “Why It’s Good to Be a Girl” campaign and share with you my top 10 reasons why I love embracing my femininity.
1. Multitasking. I never was able to understand why guys always concentrate on just one thing at a time and still forget things during the process. For me, there is nothing easier than doing three or more things at a time! It comes naturally and I’m so happy that I’m “designed” that way—multitasking saves me so much time!
2. Makeup. There is nothing that I love more than playing with beauty products! Collecting, testing, and reviewing makeup gives me true joy and makes me feel so much more special every single day. I hope male makeup starts trending sometime soon because guys simply don’t understand what they are missing out on!
3. Desserts. While there are plenty boys who love sweets, I know many more girls who are willing to eat desserts for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (and not gaining weight while doing so—isn’t it a dream?). Macarons, fruit cups, chocolate—I’m addicted to all of those little sweet things both aesthetically and gastronomically.
4. Flowers. When I feel a little blue, I treat myself with flowers. There is something special about the look and aroma of a freshly cut bouquet of roses, peonies, or tulips that so much bring joy to my life.
5. Romantic Comedies. I don’t know why guys don’t like those, but for me watching a fun, optimistic movie is such a great de-stressing technique! I’ve heard somewhere that laughter prolongs your life, that’s how I explain why I re-watch my favorite chick-flicks so many times—just making sure the “treatment” works!
6. Manicures. Aren’t those weekly treats relaxing? When I have time, I’m always asking for a chair massage afterwards—this weekly splurge helps me to stay sane and feel more organized throughout the week. (It’s a bit weird, but I feel that my life is getting out of control when my nail polish gets chipped!)
7. Candles. While fresh flowers are a special occasion treat for me, beautifully scented candles are my favorite everyday treats. I love when the environment around me smells delicious, not to mention a relaxing and sensual lighting that fragranced candles provide.
8. Organizing. I might not be an OCD organizer who is sorting clothes by its color and length, but I do have a skill of finding a place for every item in the house. Well, Ben might disagree with this statement (sometimes my “over-organizing” really annoys him), but I still believe that it’s my feminine side that is responsible for my decent organizing skills.
9. Stationery. I have a soft spot for pretty notebooks, pens, folders, and all other things that make your desk brighter and prettier. There is a Papyrus shop around the corner of our house where I shop weekly and don’t feel guilty about: if pretty stationery helps me to be more productive, it is a smart investment, right?
10. Dressing Up. There are so many more options for girls to dress according to their taste! If you are reading this blog, you know how much I love the girliest style ever—dresses!—and how many of those I have in my collection. In my opinion, just this one reason is good enough for explaining why it’s so great to be a girl!
I hope you enjoyed reading this post and would like to encourage you to share why you love to be a girl. Please share your thoughts in the comments area below!
OUTFIT DETAILS: Vera Bradley Lydia Satchel (also comes in black and burgundy)
Cinq à Sept Rust Nova Dress (check out more dresses by Cinq à Sept here)
Christian Louboutin Dorissima Pumps // HM Necklace // Photo by Mani Andreone