Ever since I started thinking about launching my blogs, I’ve been searching for answers to my potential blogging questions… on iTunes. I know, it might not be as straightforward a way to go as just googling things, but for me, podcasts proved to be the best way to gain organized knowledge. Now, podcasts have become an essential part of my daily routine as I listen to my favorite shows every single day. Today, I’m collaborating with The House of Marley to share with you my favorite podcasts—ones that help me grow as a blogger.
1. Smart Passive Income with Pat Flynn. Even though it does not directly relate to fashion, there’s no better podcast you can find for social media, marketing, and blogging tips. The format of the podcast is an interview, where Pat consults the industry experts or shares his readers’ success stories. All the stories are very helpful and super inspirational. For real, it’s a must!
2. ProBlogger Podcast with Darren Rowse. I was super excited when Darren launched his podcast earlier this year, as I’ve followed his work for many years. In fact, his book was the main reason I started my blog. I love listening to Darren’s voice as he always provides real-life advice that you can actually use.
3. Online Marketing Made Easier with Amy Porterfield. I listen to this podcast every single week, right after I’m done with SPI. Amy is one of the most successful women in digital marketing. She specializes in growing communities though Facebook and webinars. She often invites field experts to share their knowledge with the community. The best thing about her podcast is that she provides a downloadable freebie every single week. Those have proved to be very helpful and handy!
4. Pop Fashion with Lisa Rowan and Kaarin Vembar. Those incredibly smart, quirky, and opinionated women really make my day when I listen to their fashion news discussion podcast. Lisa and Kaarin are down to Earth and hyper honest. I love how they manage to introduce the latest industry news to the consumer.
5. Ladies Who Launch with Ingrid Nilsen and Cat Valdes (aka Miss Glamorazzi and Catrific). YouTube superstars launched their podcast a few weeks ago, but it’s already hit the Featured list on iTunes. Ingrid and Cat are millennials who feel very passionate about things happening in today’s society and share their ideas in a very articulate and surprisingly mature way.
6. #GirlBoss Radio with Sophia Amoruso. Nasty Gal’s founder and a best-selling author, Sophia launched her podcast to motivate and inspire women to pursue their dreams and not be intimidated by the realities of the male-dominated world. If you read Sophia’s book, you’ll definitely enjoy subscribing to this podcast too!
7. The Skinny Confidential Him & Her Podcast with Lauryn Evarts and Michael Bosstick. Sometimes controversial, but always straight to the point, this podcast explores all the latest things happening in the lives of The Skinny Confidential founder and her boyfriend (and a business partner). Answering readers’ questions, Lauryn and Michael touch on all sorts of topics, from recent social media marketing tips to how to make it in book publishing.
8. Social Media Examiner with Michael Stelzner. If you’re a blogger, you need to stay up to date on what’s happening in social media and this one’s the best podcast to listen to for those purposes. I especially enjoy a series featuring the best free app of the week – I found a few good ones through listening to the podcast!
9. Beyond The To-Do List with Erik Fisher. If you’re a blogger, your schedule is probably crazy busy. I constantly feel that my to-do list is never-ending and I feel less stressed when I learn other people’s tips and tricks for managing their time effectively.
10. Vogue Podcast. Get a feel for what’s happening behind the scenes of the most glamorous publication, from discussions about cover celebrities to interviews with the best of the best from the world of fashion. And yes, you can listen to Anna Wintour herself in a few episodes!
And there you have it: the 10 podcasts that fashion and beauty bloggers need in their lives. As a fashion and beauty blogger myself, I do listen to multiple podcasts every single day, especially when I’m on the go, taking a quick bite on my own, or walking with Lilusik in Central Park. For me, it’s important to be in style no matter where I go, and that’s why my new, very cool-looking headphones by The House of Marley come in handy. These aren’t your typical iPhone earplugs that ruin the sound and look too trivial. Instead, they’re a high-quality statement accessory that lets your personality shine through. Check out my on-ear Positive Vibrations Headphones at The House of Marley website—you’ll be surprised how affordable they are!
Do you like listening to any podcasts that deserve to be on this list? Let me know in the comments below!