I don’t know about you, but monthly favorites became the dearest posts to work on. I truly enjoy sharing all of the things I love with you guys and you seems to enjoy them too. This month, I decided to add even more fun to these posts and include some of my style favorites, as well as some empties. Please let me know in the comments area below if you enjoy this new format. Also, definitely let me know if you tried any of these products and how you liked them!
Tarteist Pro Palette by Tarte Cosmetics: This palette was one of the most coveting things because so many beauty gurus seem to be obsessed with it. After playing with it for a while, I totally understand why! The metallic shades in this palette are INSANE! These are so pigmented and glittery—I’m so in love! I also love the selection of matte shadows, especially because I don’t have many non-glittery shades in my collection. I actually just captured a tutorial using matte shades from this palette so I hope you guys enjoy checking it out.
Makeup Brush Color Cleaner: I don’t know how I lived all my life before purchasing this super affordable makeup brush color switch as it makes it so much easier to go from one color to another without using too many brushes. I think using this device helps to preserve brushes as you don’t need to wash them that often so it’s a must-have for me.
*Pixi by Petra Palette Rosette: I recently reviewed this palette on the blog (definitely check it out as I’m giving away three palettes by Pixi by Petra) and I’ve been so obsessed with the blush and a highlighter from this palette. In fact, I started giving away this palette as a gift to my friends so they can also enjoy the quality and an amazing subtle glow that this strobing and eyeshadow kit provides.
*Pop Beauty Setting 101 Kit: This is another product that was featured on the blog lately (in my 5 minutes holiday makeup tutorial) and I’m absolutely in love with it. The idea behind this kit is that you can use different shades of setting powder for specific areas of your face to address issues like dark circles, shiny T-zone and others. I especially love the Banana powder as it’s a perfect contouring shade for pale girls like myself.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation: I’ve heard so many great things about this product and I finally tried it. As predicted, it’s amazing! I would say it’s a full coverage makeup that erases any blemishes that you might have and provides a matte finish. I’ve been using it while taking photos and it made a dramatic difference to how my skin looks. It might be a bit too heavy for everyday use, but it’s perfect for situations when you need your makeup to last all day long.
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: I purchased a miniature version of this concealer just to give it a try, and I completely abandoned any other concealer that I have in my collection. This product is incredibly creamy and lightweight, but it provides a full coverage of any skin imperfections that you might have. It also ERASES the dark circles! I’m not joking, it’s the best under eye concealer I’ve ever tried!
*e.l.f. Cosmetics Prism Eyeshadow Palette: I guess I became too picky, but it’s hard for me to find a drugstore metallic eyeshadow that I love. This palette by e.l.f. cosmetics is one of those great finds. I love how pigmented the shades are and I’m simply obsessed with the green shade from this color as it really brings up even more color to my green eyes.
Tarte Tarteist Mascara: I started by testing a miniature version of this mascara that I get in my ipsy subscription bag, and it truly impressed me. I’ve always been a fan of Tarte mascaras, but there is something about the brush that makes it even more perfect than my all times favorite Tarte Lights. Camera. Lashes! Mascara.
*Smith & Cult B-Line Eye Pen: Being a winged eyeliner lover, I’m constantly on a hunt for a perfect eyeliner and this one provides the blackest black coverage ever. It looks so dramatic and pigmented—I’m so obsessed with it!
Did you notice that I always need an entire section of favorites for lipsticks? Yes, that’s because someone is obsessed with color experiments and testing new formulas. This month, I loved the most these seven lip products:
Julep It’s Whipped Matte Lip Mouse in Bisou: If I had to choose just one favorite lip product, that would be it! Ever since I received this lip product as a gift with purchase at Ulta, I’ve been so in love with it. It’s not your typical liquid lipstick and not a lipgloss, but rather a unique product that doesn’t make your lips dry while providing the typical liquid lipstick finish. It’s long-lasting, delicious to taste, provides an amazing coverage—I already repurchased it as I’m obsessed!
*e.l.f. Cosmetic Matte Lipstick in Vampy Violet: Ever since I tried a black lipstick and received tons of compliments from you guys, I’ve been experimenting with dramatic lip shades by e.l.f. (so more compliments are coming, LOL!). This dark purple (almost black, actually) shade is my latest obsession. As many other lipsticks by the brand, this lip color provides a great coverage without leaving my lips dry. I love when a dramatic lip color is actually a bit shiny so this product is my new go-to for the days when I want to look super trendy and dramatic.
Teeez Cosmetics Eve’s Ready to Wear Lipstick in Romantic Red: I don’t know anything about this brand, but as a red lipstick addict I must confess that it’s the best moisturizing lipstick I’ve tried lately. It comes in a perfect shade of red that just goes with everything! I also feel that it makes my lips appear bigger (even though the product doesn’t claim to do so). Finally, don’t you adore the packaging?
LOC Tati in Wildest Dreams: I had to idea that my favorite YouTuber Tati actually has her makeup line! I received this sample in my Birchbox and I’ve been truly enjoying the shade and the finish of this lip product. In fact, this miniature version of a perfectly red lipstick made it in my everyday makeup bag as it’s so easy to apply and carry around.
*ILIA Lipstick in Madam Mina: It’s a new brand for me and definitely a new color, but I’ve been loving to experiment with it. I’m trying to look less dramatic while attending classes at college, so this moisturizing neutral shade was definitely my most used product for the days I’m at NYU.
Smashbox Liquid Lipstick in Driver’s Seat: For starters, it’s a very random name for a lipstick, but I love it anyways as it’s a perfect everyday color for me. It does make my lips a bit dry, but it totally works if I apply oil on my lips before putting on this liquid lipstick.
*Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Red Velvet: I’ve been loving regular lipsticks by Bite and this new addition to the brand’s lip collection is a new favorite of mine. I love that these sticks allow applying the product in a more precise way so you can use it both as a lip liner and a lipstick. I also adore the longevity of this product and a matte but not drying coverage.
Dr. Dennis Gross Sheer Mineral Sun Spray SPF 50: I’ve heard about this spray SPF on Stephanie Nicole YouTube channel and I’m so thankful for this recommendation. Lately I noticed that my skin is very sensitive to sunscreens and this mineral SPF has been so gentle. I love protecting my skin from the sun (surprise-surprise, maybe that’s why I’m so pale) and this new addition to my beauty routine has been a really good one!
* vbeaute Soft Core Rejuvenating Glacial Oil: People might be obsessed about Sunday Riley oils, but for me there is nothing best than this incredibly moisturizing and skin perfecting oil. Even though some people might prefer using oils at night, I’ve been covering myself in this product day and night! This product doesn’t seem greasy or heavy on your skin; in opposition, it provides just a bit of dewiness that actually makes your foundation look better—all while providing tremendous benefits to your skin. I can’t say that my wrinkles are completely gone (I’m 30 and at this point the aging is not reversible), but the condition of my skin and the appearance of wrinkles has dramatically improved, especially on my forehead and around the eye area. In combination with my Retrouve Eye Cream, Soft Core Oil works so great that I don’t think I’m re-doing Botox anytime soon.
*Aveda Hand Relief Moisturizing Creme: I don’t think this one requires explanation: my hands are getting super dry during the cold season and there are not that many products that help me to deal with this problem. This all natural hand lotion by Aveda is one of the most nourishing creams I’ve tried lately and I love how quickly it absorbs into my skin. While the packaging might be a bit too big to carry in my bag, I put it on every time I wash hands at home and I really noticed the difference: my hands are not as dry as they usually are during the cold season.
* Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Facial Toner: Ever since I went through an entire line of True Botanicals skincare products (see empties below), my skin almost stopped breaking out (I can’t even explain how happy I am about it!). This clay based toner is a great solution for the days when I feel like my skin is getting too oily as it helps to unclog my pores and clean up any congestion that is about to build up. I use it only on my T-zone and I think my pores are shrinking thanks to this product too!
Waxelene Petroleum Jelly Alternative: I’ve been all about applying Vaseline or Aquaphor on my lips during the cold season until I learned how unnatural petroleum jelly is. These days I’m using Waxlene as an alternative to my old favorite deep nourishing treatment and it works exactly the same (if not better!) than the original formula.
* The Body Shop Personalized Body Butter: Can we just stop and talk about this cutest body lotion packaging? Every time I’m reaching out to this product, it puts a smile on my face as it’s such an adorable photo of Santa Bamby! I think it’s the cutest holiday gift for anyone in your life, from a coworker to a friend or a family member. As of now, personalization is not available online so you have to check this page to find out which of your local The Body Shop location offers personalisation services and stop by to pick up your holiday gifts.
*Zoya Naked Manicure Kit: Traditionally, my nails really struggle during the cold season and I recently figured out that the problem was not with the hand cream that I’ve been using, but rather with the nail polish that I picked. Google “nail polish ingredients” and you’ll be surprised how many chemicals go into making your mani look good. This nail polish set by Zoya is the opposite as it’s made only with the safest ingredients that protect your nails (and last longer than a regular nail polish). This cold season, I feel that my nails are the happiest they’ve ever been and I “blame” it on this Zoya nail set.
*True Botanicals Renew Skincare Line: I’ll be honest with you guys: I’m testing so many makeup and skincare products on a daily basis that I rarely run out of products as I switch them all the time. However, I used every single drop of True Botanicals products that I received at one of the PR events a few months ago. If you follow me for a while, you know that this past summer my skin has been very irritated and congested (probably because I became vegan and my skin went through detox), and I believe it’s True Botanicals products that helped me to clean up my skin. I truly love how gentle and effective this cleanser, toner, and a serum are and how dramatically they changed my skin. The best part is that all of these products are all natural and organic so you know that you are not simply camouflaging your skin imperfections with skincare that only treats acne on the surface, but use skincare products that help to improve skin on the inside too.
Mario Badescu Drying Lotion: I talked about this spot treatment on the blog before, and this is a second or third time I’m repurchasing this product as it literally dissolves the most severe acne overnight. If you have acne prone skin, I definitely recommend checking it out!
* Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream: I just ran out of this moisturizer and I already feel the difference. In my opinion, this highly absorbing and delicate moisturizer is perfect for everyone, especially if you have a few dry patches on your skin. I love it so much that I’m planning on repurchasing it literally tonight!
Sabon Body Oil in Patchouli Lavender Vanilla: I noticed that not many people know about this brand, but it’s very popular in New York as it features some of the best-fragranced body products. I especially love this body oil and a body scrub in the same scent as these smells so delicious and work so great on my skin. I love applying this body oil on my skin if I’m wearing a skirt or a dress as it adds just a bit of a natural glow to my skin.
* Cosmedicine Primary Care Perfected Daily Moisturizer: If you remember my blog post on Cosmedicine products, you know that I’ve been loving this product ever since summer. It offers a great hydration to my skin and provides just enough sun protection that my skin doesn’t feel irritated. I love using this product during the cold months too so I definitely need to repurchase it.
Chanel Cat Bracelet: I received this bracelet as a gift and I’ve been so obsessed with it! Even though I’m a dog owner, deep inside I’m actually a cat lady and this adorable bracelet serves as a great reminder of it. I wish Ben was not allergic to cats as I would definitely have a few feline friends to keep a company to my sweet Yorkie Lilusik.
Boss Lady Katya Artwork by Jessica Nam: I received this custom-made piece at the SIX:02 blogger event and I immediately fell in love with it. I recently framed this handmade print and put it on my desk so it motivates me to work harder and provide even more content for you guys.
* 101 Watch—Cristian Paul Balmoral Grid Watch: My watch collection has been growing this year, but if I had to pick just one watch that I’m wearing all the time that would be it. I’m obsessed with everything rose gold these days and I love that this watch features this trendy shade and also combines it with this stunning cobalt blue bracelet. Also, how adorable is that check print background? Every time I look at this watch, it makes me happy!
Well, I hope you enjoyed my super long list of favorites and empties! I really look forward to hearing what are some of the things that you enjoyed this past month. Please share your recommendations in the comments area below!