I love romantic outfits and makeup so I start planning my Valentine’s Day look way before February. But every single year, with no exceptions, I’m too busy during New York Fashion Week so I have to pick… a more realistic approach to Valentine’s Day makeup. Today, I’m sharing one of the looks that you could easily recreate while getting ready for a romantic evening with your beloved one or a perfect Galantine’s Day makeup.
Clarins SOS: Sallowness in 05 Lavender Primer
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in the shade 2
Kevyn Aucoin Super Natural Concealer in Light 01
Guerlain Meteorites Powder
Avon Mark Touch & Glow Shimmer Cream Cubes
Glo Minerals Precise Micro Brow Liner
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
Clarins 4-Colour Eyeshadow Palette in 07 Lovely Rose
Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Diamond Dust
Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara
To recreate this look, follow the steps below:
1. Start by prepping your skin with a color-correcting primer by Clarins. As you know, I just came back home from vacation in Florida and even though I did my best to protect my skin from the sun, I still could use some yellow tones correcting primer.
2. For foundation, I used my favorite product for the days when I want my skin to look radiant. It’s Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. When applied with a beauty blender, it offers the “your skin but better” kind of finish—exactly what we need for Valentine’s Day!
3. To correct the under-eye circles, I used my all-time favorite concealer by Kevyn Aucoin. The product provides a beautiful coverage and looks so natural!
4. The next step – defining my eyebrows—I got accomplished with the help of Glo Minerals Brow Liner. The pencil and brush are super tiny that allow being more precise when creating the perfect eyebrow look.
5. Prior to applying eyeshadows, I put on a tiny amount of an eyeshadow primer by Urban Decay. By doing so, we ensured that the makeup look you created will last longer and the colors come out more pigmented.
6. Talking about eyeshadows, I used the new shade of a 4-shade eyeshadow palette by Clarins. I used the lightest shade to apply all over the lid. The coral shade went into my crease. I used a small blending brush to pack the purple shade onto the outer corners.
7. The next step—mascara—happened to be my absolute favorite as I truly enjoyed the results my new drugstore mascara delivered. I already talked about it on my Instagram and this look proves one more time that you don’t need to spend too much money to achieve perfectly voluminous lashes.
8. To finish the eye look, I picked a tiny flat brush and applied the liquid glitter eyeshadow by Stila on the tear ducts and in the middle of the upper lid. It turned out so festive and sparkly, isn’t it?
9. For the lips, I used a nude lip pencil and a new shade of my already favorite lip gloss by Clarins. I usually wear the pink shade, but I felt that this burgundy hue was, even more, Valentine’s Day friendly.
* * * * *
As you see, it doesn’t have to take too much time to create your perfect Valentine’s Day look. Just go for stereotypically girly shades of pink and burgundy with a tiny hint of sparkles—and you are all set. I wonder what type of Valentine’s Day makeup look are you planning on creating this year? Please let me know your ideas in the comments area below.