If you haven’t noticed the abundance of palm trees and pictures of the ocean on my Instagram feed, after a cold and windy NYFW season I went on a trip to a tropical island Antigua. From trying paddleboarding and practicing outdoor yoga to sunbathing and exploring sightseeing, we had the best time of my life with my bestie Mariann.
I was dreading the cold NYC weather so badly that I started shopping for my warm-weather trip way ahead of time. In this post, I rounded up some of my favorite pieces that I wore in Antigua. Hope these style notes help you to find some of the items for your upcoming trips or simply put you into a summer-planning mood.
1. Millennial pink bikini – with the option to buy a top and bottoms separately. It’s so handy if you are having a non-standard bikini size.
2. A matching pink visor to use both on the beach and for outdoor activities. It doesn’t protect that much from the sun but it’s certainly Insta-friendly.
3. Is it even a vacation without a palm print dress? Mine comes with tassel decorated straps and looks so chic.
4. The comfiest (and cutest) espadrilles with a tropical fruit print. I’m also eyeing these ones as they say “Feminist.”
5. Round pink earrings that match any and every vacay outfit.
6. An oversized hat with a cute saying – because just applying SPF is not enough to protect your face from the sun.
7. I received this surf suit as a gift but I’m still including it on my list as it’s the cutest and comfiest swimsuit style I currently own.
8. If there is one swimsuit I want to always have on hand, it’s this one. It’s so unique and flirty but not too revealing – just perfect!
9. I am obsessed with these fuchsia earrings (also come in white) as they are so elegant and attention-grabbing at the same time.
10. A straw tote that I scored at the sample sale (so lucky!) and just can’t put down. It fits everything and doesn’t lose its shape.
P.S.- We took all these photos at the gorgeous Curtain Bluff Hotel. If you are planning on visiting Antigua, I can’t recommend it enough!