It might sound trivial, but when it comes to Christmas makeup looks, I always think of bright red lipstick. That’s why for this highly requested tutorial, I decided to feature my signature red lipstick.
To recreate this Christmas makeup, you’ll need:
- Primer: I used Pixi Glowtion Day Dew which is actually a brightening lotion, but it’s also great for priming.
- Foundation: My current favorite is Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Cushion Foundation.
- Concealer: I can’t get enough of NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in the shade Vanilla as it provides a beautiful full coverage that nevertheless looks natural and translucent.
- Eyeshadow palette: ABH Master Palette by Mario.
- Black liquid eyeliner: A really good one that I recently discovered is Eve by Eves Conditioning Liquid Eyeliner. It provides a long-lasting, very pigmented coverage and comes with a super handy applicator that is so easy to work with.
- Eye pencil: I worked with Ardency Inn Modster Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner that I received at one of the beauty boxes I’m subscribed to. It’s very creamy and pigmented, but I would probably not repurchase it for $20.
- False lashes: You know me, I always use the same type of falsies, Eylure Texture #117.
- Mascara: My current favorite is Maybelline Volum’ Express The Colossal Big Shot Mascara.
- Blush: I was happily surprised by the quality of Almay Smart Shade Powder Blush in Pink. Usually, I’m not a fan of drugstore blushes, but this one is a really good one! I love the natural pink coverage it provides.
- Powder: I’m very picky when it comes to setting powder and It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Micro-Powder is the only product in this category I’m currently obsessed with.
- Lipstick: I picked a perfect shade of red, Eve by Eves Satin Lipstick in Cherry Pie.
- Setting spray: My new favorite affordable setting spray is Pop Beauty Makeup Magnet Mist.
Step-by-step glam Christmas makeup look
Proper priming is especially essential for Christmas makeup, when you want your skin to look flawless all day long.
One of the products I’ve been experimenting lately is Pixi Glowtion Day Dew which is actually a lotion, but it’s widely hyped on YouTube as a perfect base for makeup.
Apply this lotion after washing and toning your face and don’t forget to put a different eye moisturizer on around the eye area.
Regardless of how good your skin is, a high-quality foundation is an absolute must for special occasions. The foundation I’m currently obsessed with is Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Cushion Foundation.
I’m sure you guys have heard about an iconic Double Wear Foundation and this stick cushion is a lighter, more dewy “sister” of the Double Wear.
Mine is in the shade 2C3 Fresco and I absolutely love this foundation as it provides “me, but better” kind of coverage and is super convenient to use, especially when traveling.
Look at the before and after photos that I provide above so you understand why I’m so excited about this foundation!
It literally transforms my skin, stays for the entire day, camouflages all of the imperfections while looking incredibly natural and glowing from within.
Not many people use this technique, but I love applying concealer not only under my eyes but also all over my lid as an eyeshadow primer.
By doing so, I prolong the wear of my eye makeup and ensure that the eyeshadow looks more pigmented.
I use one of the following tools to apply concealer: a beauty blender or a synthetic concealer brush.
For eyeshadow, we’ll be playing with Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette by Mario, one of my most favorite palettes of the year.
In my opinion, if you have that palette and the Modern Renaissance by the same brand, you can totally get rid of all other palettes in your collection and still be able to create tons of different looks.
- For starters, apply a light brown shade (I picked Lula) onto your crease and inner corners of the eyes and blend thoroughly.
- Then, follow-up with a darker shade of brown (Marina) applied onto the outer corners of the eye.
- Blend two shades together with a brush that comes with a palette (I actually really like that brush).
- Finally, use your fingertips to apply a gold shade (5th Ave) in the middle of the lid.
It’s time for liquid eyeliner and falsies. As I mentioned before, my current favorite is Eve by Eves Conditioning Liquid Eyeliner.
It’s so pigmented and easy to work with! To make sure that the lash line looks even, apply a soft black eye pencil onto the upper lash line.
Finish your eye makeup look by applying your favorite falsies.
Lower Lash Line
Pick up a small flat brush and emphasize a lower lash line with a burgundy eyeshadow.
I picked the shade Muse from Master Palette by Mario which has a bit of shimmer to it.
Finish the look by applying mascara on the lower lashes. I used Maybelline Volum’ Express The Colossal Big Shot Mascara.
I didn’t feel like contouring as my skin already looked smooth enough thanks to my new favorite foundation.
I opted in for a simple pink blush by Almay which comes in such an adorable neutral shade that slightly elevates skin complexion and doesn’t look too much.
After you are done with blush, apply a tiny layer of loose setting powder all over your face.
That was it for the Christmas makeup tutorial. I hope you enjoyed this post! Please let me know in the comments area below what are you planning on wearing and which makeup are you planning on picking for this special occasion.