This post is brought to you by L’Oréal Paris and Her Campus Media.
It’s a college football season and a few college girls asked me on Instagram what type of makeup is appropriate for the occasion. Since I’m an NYU student and I have some experience with creating game day glam looks, I decided to share with you an easy to repeat and super flattering hair and makeup tutorial that you could recreate for any of game attending or watching occasions. At first, I was thinking to create a look that matches classic NYU Violets colors (white and purple), but then I tried a new rose gold lipstick by L’Oreal Paris and decided to build an entire look around it—because it’s that gorgeous!
To create this makeup look, I used the following makeup products:
GIORGIO ARMANI Luminous Silk Foundation in #2
NYX HD Studio Photogenic Photo Studio Concealer in CW01
DERMABLEND Loose Setting Powder
LANCÔME Translucence Silky Loose Powder in 100
BECCA x Chrissy Teigen Glow Face Palette
JANE IREDALE Dream Luminizer Duo
TARTE Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse in Rich Brown
ELF Clear Brow & Lash Mascara Gel
KAT VON D Saint + Sinner Eyeshadow Palette
L’OREAL Infallible Paints Liquid Eyeliner in 300 Black Party
LANCÔME Drama Liqui-Pencil in Lumiere
L’OREAL Lash Paradise Mascara in Black Brown
ARDEL Lash Lookbook in 110
L’OREAL Infallible Lip Paints Metallic 330 Moon Lust
Lord & Berry Lip Liner in 3040 Romantic Rose
JANE IREDALE Brushes
TARTE Lash Curlier
Follow the steps below to recreate this rose gold game day look.
1. Since most games are happening during the day, the most important detail to take care of is glowing skin. For that type of situations, I prefer using Luminous Silk Foundation as it provides a radiant medium coverage finish that looks so perfect for the daytime wear. My favorite way to apply this foundation is with a damped makeup sponge – that way, the coverage is even less detectable and so beautifully blended.
2. For concealer, I used an affordable alternative to my favorite Kevyn Aucoin concealer, NYX HD Studio Concealer, that I applied in a triangle shape under my eyes and on the areas of my face that require correction. I blended concealer with the same sponge that I used for the foundation.
3. To set up the face makeup, I used two different setting powders: Lancôme powder for under the eyes area (as it has a yellow undertone which is perfect for color-correcting dark circles) and a translucent Dermablend powder for the rest of the face. I applied those powders with two different brushes: a dome brush to put the product on my skin and a powder brush to blend it all over the face.
4. For eyebrows, I followed the same eyebrow routine that I always do, but with two of my new favorites – Tarte brow powder and ELF fixing gel.
5. For face contouring, I used the same BECCA face palette that I recently featured as it contains a perfect bronzer shade for girls with light skin tone. I also love the blush from this set as it’s easy to blend and it lasts throughout the day.
6. For highlighter, I applied the middle shade from Jane Iredale’s Luminizer Trio. This lightweight highlighter formula is ideal for the game day makeup as it looks very natural on the skin and really pops in photos.
7. I was so excited to experiment with Kat Von D’s newest palette as I’ve heard so many great reviews about her eyeshadow formula. As expected, I was not disappointed: each of the shades I used turned out super unique and blendable.
7.1. To start the look, I applied the shade Sacred Heart on the crease and blended it with a medium blending brush.
7.2. Then, I picked the shade Stigmata and applied it with a small blending brush on the outer corners of the eyes. I used a medium blending brush to mix two colors together.
7.3. For inner corners, I used the shade Baptism. I blended the same shade on the lower lid area.
7.4. To finish the look, I used the metallic shade Rapture in the middle of the eye.
8. I rarely apply an eye pencil on the lower lid, but I couldn’t resist using this new silver shade of Lancôme pencils. It’s one of my favorite eye pencil formulas and after this tutorial, it became my favorite shade in the line. For the eyeliner, I used one of my all-time favorite drugstore liquid liners, L’OREAL Infallible Paints Liquid Eyeliner.
9. To finish the eye look, I applied L’OREAL Lash Paradise Mascara in Black Brown. There is a lot of hype about this product on the internet and for a good reason. Based on how many stains are on that tube of mascara, you could tell that I’ve been using it non-stop. Even though I loved how my lashes looked after applying two layers of mascara, I decided to put on false lashes – just because I wanted to emphasize my gold rose eye makeup even more.
10. For lips, I tried for me new liquid lipstick by L’OREAL. I picked the shade 330 as it’s a perfectly rose gold shade that works so great in combination with the rose gold eyeshadow look. I never tried this line of lipsticks before, but I was truly impressed with the formula. Not only this liquid lipstick smells delicious and provides a comfortable long-lasting coverage, it also provides just a perfect amount of shininess that makes your lips look so shiny.
To finish the look, I added a few spritzes of L’OREAL Colorista Spray 1-Day Color in Rose Gold 02. This easy to use tinted spray highlighters add a beautiful finish to your hair that not only looks unique and universally flattering but also matches the eye and lip makeup that I explained in this tutorial.
* * * * *
There you have it: an easy to repeat rose gold makeup look that will be perfect for any game day kind of situation. I hope you enjoyed this easy glam tutorial and look forward to hearing your feedback!