I’m not that into celebrations, but Valentine’s Day is one of the holidays that I really love. It’s so romantic, it celebrates love, it makes you feel even more connected to the person you love… While I’m a proponent of demonstrating affection every single day, February 14th puts it on a completely different level. This year, I’m planning not only to wear a red and pink dress and matching makeup (I’ll be posting a tutorial on Thursday so stay tuned) but also nails. I just received in the mail this collection of Valentine’s Day inspired nail wrap designs by Jamberry (℅) and I can’t wait to share with you how you can DIY your Valentine’s Day nail art too!
In this nail tutorial, I used the following supplies and tools:
Kiss Goodnight Nail Wraps by Jamberry (check out all Valentine’s Day designs)
Follow the steps below to recreate this easy to repeat DIY Valentine’s Day nail tutorial.
1. Start by removing old nail polish and applying a hand lotion.
2. File and cut your natural nails. Use Jamberry Cuticle Oil to move cuticles and, if needed, cut them. When you are done, wash your hands with soap. Do not apply hand lotion as it will not allow your DIY manicure last long.
3. Use a nail buffer to even out your natural nails so your faux nails stay longer.
4. Using a nail glue that comes in a kit, apply plastic nails and, if needed, file them on the sides.
5. When you are done with all nails, pick a nail prep wipe that comes in the Jamberry kit to remove oils from your nails. You will notice how your nails start looking matte.
6. Grab a wooden stick that comes in the application kit to pick up a nail wrap that will fit your nail. Make sure not to touch it with your fingers as it will make a nail wrap less durable.
7. Warm up a nail wrap next to a mini-heater by facing an adhesive side towards the heater.
8. Apply a nail wrap onto your nail and press it with a plastic cuticle pusher to even it out. If needed, warm up your nail next to a heater so the nail wrap gets more flexible and is easier to work with.
9. Once the nail wrap is applied, pick scissors and cut the edges of the nail wrap. Use a nail file to eliminate tiny pieces of nail wraps from the sides of your nails.
10. Repeat with the rest of the nails and you are all set!
As you see, it literally takes no effort to apply Jamberry nail wraps and achieve this unique and festive nail look. Please let me know in the comments area if you have any questions and happy Valentine’s Day to all of you!