This easy to recreate soft glam eye shadow tutorial is beginner-friendly. You can wear it for a special occasion or every day. It requires some winged eyeliner skills. But no worries, I explain in detail every step on how to recreate this makeup look.
To recreate this soft glam makeup look, you’ll need
- Makeup Primer: MAC Prep + Prime
- Liquid Foundation: Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation in Y205
- Sponge: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
- Brow Kit: PopBeauty Brow Duette in Classy Brunette
- Eyeshadow Primer: Kryolan Eyeshadow Primer
- Ivory Eyeshadow: Full Moon from Tarte Energy Noir Palette
- Crease Eyeshadow: Painkiller from Nikkie Tutorials The Power of Makeup Palette
- Burgundy Baked Eyeshadow: Prometheus from BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Palette
- Light Brown Baked Eyeshadow: Mine is Mercury from the same BH Cosmetics palette
- Concealer: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in shade Vanilla
- Loose Powder: It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Micro-Powder
- Gel Eyeliner: Inglot Cosmetics Eyeliner Gel #77
- False Lashes: Eylure Texture #117 are my favorite!
- Blush: Pixi by Petra Palette Rosette
- Glitter Eyeshadow: Bobbi Brown Sparkle Eye Shadow in #1 Silver Moon
- Liquid Lipstick: Milani Amore Matte Metallic Lip Creme in #06 Mattely In Love
Time needed: 20 minutes.
Now, when we have all of the products lined up, let’s start our tutorial!
Start with applying a primer that serves the needs of your skin: go either for pore filling, hydrating or oil-control one.
In my experience, a good foundation is the most important part of a good makeup look. The foundation I’m currently using it’s the best for when you are taking photos or videos. It makes your skin look so smooth, it almost looks unreal!
Fill in the brows using a brow powder and a flat angled brush. Start by brushing your brows. Then, fill them in on the bottom. With upward strikes, move from the inner to the outer corner of your brows.
- Eyeshadow Printer
Before starting your eyeshadow application, make sure to apply a primer designed to prolong the life of your eye makeup. My current favorite is Kryolan Eyeshadow Primer which is less condensed than Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion.
- Light Eye Shadow + Crease
Start the eye makeup look with applying a light vanilla shade all over your lid, underneath the eyebrow, and in the corners of the eye. When you are done blending the vanilla shade, apply a light brown shade onto the crease, and blend until it’s almost translucent.
- Metallic Eye Shadow
When we are done with our eyeshadow base, it’s time to switch for metallic shades. Using a small flat concealer brush spritzed with a setting spray, apply a burgundy shade all over the lid. Then, put brown metallic shade on top of it.
Please keep in mind that I didn’t start blending the shades together until both eye shadows were applied all over the lid. That way, we ensure that the metallic pigmentation is safe, while the crease area still looks blended and smooth.
Left: both shades applied. Right: only burgundy shade is applied.
Apply concealer under the eyes and under the brow and blend them with a beauty sponge (under the eyes) and a flat concealer brush (under the brow).
- Winged Eyeliner
It’s time for a dramatic winged eyeliner and falsies! I usually apply eyeliner with a flat angled brush. Put on falsies and then go over lashes with a bit more eyeliner to make sure that the line is very sharp and straight.
Bronzer and blush – apply strategically and blend thoroughly.
To make this metallic look even more festive and fun, I decided to apply even more glitter onto my eyes and cheeks. I used Bobbi Brown Sparkle Eye Shadow in #1 Silver Moon that works great both as a loose pigment and a highlighter.
- Liquid Lipstick
The next and most important step of this tutorial is a liquid lipstick. For this look, I used a new Milani Amore Matte Metallic Lip Creme in #06 Mattely In Love. It’s a beautiful red shade lipstick that has a subtle glow to it.
- Setting Spray
Finally, spritz your face with a setting spray. That way, you’ll ensure that your makeup will last all night long.
There you have it: easy to repeat soft glam eye shadow look. Please let me know in the comments in you have any additional questions about any makeup techniques used to create this look.