This post is brought to you by Ulta Beauty and Her Campus Media
This past weekend was extraordinary fruitful for me in respect to getting my hands on all the trendiest makeup. I attended HerConference as Her Campus correspondent and received a bag full of best-selling makeup goodies from Ulta Beauty, among other things. When I came home after listening to super inspiring sessions, I another package was waiting for me — with some of the most coveted makeup palettes. I was thinking, why not combine all these makeup goodies and create one makeup look? That way, my dear readers will benefit twice from reading this blog: it would be not only a makeup tutorial but also a makeup review!
The list of the products that I used to create this look. I received the products marked (*) complimentary from Ulta Beauty as a part of this collaboration.
Here is how you can recreate this makeup look:
1. Skin Prep: Ulta Beauty Collection – Waterfull Gel-Cream Moisturizer. Usually, I start makeup with applying a primer, but over time I figured that my favorite foundation stays longer if applied using a moisturizer only. For this look, I used a deeply hydrating gel moisturizer from the Ulta Beauty Collection. It’s light, quick absorbing and oil-free which makes it suitable for all skin types.
2. Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup. There is nothing new there: Double Wear (and it’s the newest sister that features a lighter and dewier formula) is my go-to foundation as it camouflages all the skin imperfections and stays on all day long.
3. Concealer: IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Concealer. For the days when my under eye circles are out of control, I prefer using this super efficient concealer by IT Cosmetics as it literally erases any signs of tiredness from your face. I usually apply it with a brush and then blend it with a foundation sponge.
4. Powder: Dermablend Compact Setting Powder. The trick that will help makeup to stay put even in the hottest temperature is to set foundation and concealer with powder. I used to love using loose powders, but I feel that compact powders provide longer-lasting results so I recently switch to the translucent compact powder. Dermablend is one of the rare brands that create products suitable for acne-prone skin so I truly enjoy using this powder especially when I’m breaking out like now. I prefer applying the product with a large powder brush and touch my face slightly so ensure that there is not much product build-up.
5. Bronzer, Blush, and Highlighter: Becca x Chrissy Teigen Glow Face Palette. Being a fan and collector of all things Becca Cosmetics, I was so extremely excited to test out this palette! It features all the face products you need for sculpting your face, from blush to a highlighter. Before receiving this palette as a generous gift from Ulta Beauty, I was eyeing this palette but was not sure if it would be suitable for pale girls like me — and it totally works! In fact, I can’t get enough of the blush and a highlighter that come in a set. The quality of each and every product in the palette is unbelievable and I highly encourage you to pull the plug if you were like me, just thinking about this palette and not purchasing it. It’s totally worth it!
To apply bronzer, I used a big brush that ensured that I applied the tiniest amount of the product and didn’t look unnatural. For blush, I picked my favorite gold brush from the Real Technique Makeup Brush Set. I used circle movements, starting from the apples of my cheeks towards ears, to apply the product. For highlighter, I used a fan brush that allowed me to apply the product easily and ensure the most natural-looking finish.
6. Eyeshadows: Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette. Here comes another extremely hyped product that is also turned out to be a total bomb! In the best traditions of Urban Decay brand, all the eyeshadows in this palette are super blendable and uniquely colored. For this look, I used just four shades from the palette, but I believe that it deserves more attention so I’ll make sure to post an in-depth review and swatches.
A. I started my eyeshadow look by applying the shade “Sauced” onto the crease. It’s a great orangy-beige shade that is perfect for adding dimension to your eyes. I applied it with the brush that comes in a palette and I was highly satisfied with the quality of this double-sided brush.
B. Next step is to apply a shimmery shade (“Dirty Talk”) on the outer corners of the eyes and blend it thoroughly. By “thoroughly” I mean blending for about 45 second for each eye — so the transition from one shade to another look super smooth.
C. To apply the next shade (“Ember”) I took my favorite setting spray (MAC Prep + Prime) and wet a small blending brush in it. I carefully applied the wet shadow all over my lid with a small brush and then went over with a bigger blending brush and blended wet and dry eyeshadows together.
D. Finally, I used a clean brush to apply the shade “Ounce” on the inner corners of the eyes and under the brow. It’s a lovely neutral ivory shade that I already can’t get enough of. My prediction that it would be the first shade I’ll hit a pan on.
7. Lashes: Maybelline The Falsies Push-Up Mascara and Eyelure Definition False Lashes in #126. It was the first time I used this new mascara by Maybelline and I was impressed with it. Usually, I prefer volumizing mascaras that feature the biggest wand possible, but this one had the tiniest and thinnest applicator I’ve ever seen. I was amazed how beautiful it separated and curled my lashes! I might say just a month ago that I’m in love with the new L’Oreal mascara, but as it turned out I’m in love with the new Maybelline mascara too!
Even though my lashes looked voluminous and curly after using a mascara, I decided to go all the way in with my lashes and picked these new super dramatic ones by Eyelure. I would say these were the most dramatic falsies I’ve ever tried and I totally loved them. Perhaps, I should be stepping outside of my comfort zone more often as such approach helps to explore more exciting products like these Eyelure lashes.
8. Lipstick: Urban Decay Vice Lipstick Metallized in Rejected. You are probably already tired hearing about Vice Lipsticks on my blog, but what can I do — I’m so obsessed with them! While I already have an impressive collection of reds, purples, and pinks from this line, I never tried Metallized Vice Lipsticks. As with the rest of the Urban Decay lipstick line, the quality of these lipsticks was amazing — the shade Rejected is super hydrating and pigmented. Now I’m having my eye on the rest of the shades from the metallic line!
* * * * *
That was it for my review and tutorial of all best selling products from Ulta Beauty. I hope you enjoyed reading it (and watching my video tutorial). If you haven’t already, please make sure to stop by at my channel and subscribe!
Meanwhile, please let me know in the comments area below what is the best beauty product you ever purchased at Ulta Beauty stores or on Ulta.com?