The world seems to be obsessed with Kylie Jenner’s makeup and I was thinking why not starting my new series Get The Look with makeup tutorial featuring this youngest member of the Kardarshian clan. Understanding that not many readers are willing to purchase high-end items that Kylie and her makeup artist are using to create her looks, I decided to incorporate newly launched affordable makeup products by Maybelline that you can find at any pharmacy: *One 24K Nudes Palette, *Big Shot Mascara, and *Eye Studio Master Precise Liquid Liner. These goodies would be handy not for Kylie Jenner inspired makeup only, but might as well become your new favorite goodies to play with while applying your everyday makeup.
Products used in this tutorial:
- *Maybelline One 24K Nudes Palette
- *Maybelline Big Shot Mascara
- *Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Liquid Liner
- Pixi Beauty Glow Mist
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
- *Maybelline Dream Brightening Cream Concealer in Light
- Airspun Loose Setting Powder
- Too Faced The Power Of Makeup Palette
- BH Cosmetics Brushes
- Wedge Beauty Sponge
- EWC Brow Palette and Brush
- Pop Beauty Brow Duette
- *Maybelline Master Strobbing Liquid in Light
- Ardency Inn Modster Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner
- Stila All Day Lip Liner in Sangria
- *Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color in #575 and #570
To recreate this look, follow the steps below:
1. Start by prepping your skin with a primer mist by Pixi Beauty. This step will ensure easy application of foundation and contouring products.
2. For foundation, I used Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation that I applied using a beauty sponge by Real Techniques.
3. The next step is concealer. Kardarshians are famous for their addiction to under eye illuminators and *Maybelline Dream Brightening Cream Concealer in Light is one of the newest launches by the brand that allows you repeating this contouring technique while staying on a budget. All you have to do in this step is apply concealer under your eyes (think: triangle shape) and thoroughly blend it with a blending sponge.
4. It’s a rule of thumb for me: when I use a creamy face product, I set it with translucent powder to avoid creasing. My current favorite technique for setting under the eye area is by applying loose powder with a damp sponge. Basically, I use the exact same sponge I applied foundation and concealer with, but this time I dip it into powder and leave a lot of powder under my eyes for about five minutes. This technique widely known as “baking” helps creamy products to set and stay on your skin longer.
5. While the under eye powder is setting, let’s contour cheeks. As you see in photos, I’m very pale and one of the rare contouring products that work for my skin tone is the one from Too Faced The Power of Makeup palette. To ensure that I apply the tiniest amount of the product, I pick a large fan brush and use the lightest touch to apply the product right under my cheekbone.
Using the same powder, I applied contouring on both sides of my nose to make it appear thinner and shorter. While doing so, make sure to connect the two parallel lines on both sides of the nose to make contouring less obvious. Also, don’t forget to properly blend the product.
6. The next step is something that I learned from my favorite YouTuber Nikkie Tutorials, but came out with my own name for it. Basically, Nikkie recommends applying a setting powder with a damped flat sponge right under your cheek contour to ensure that it looks even. I experimented with this technique for a while and decided to call it “Santa Contouring” because loose powder applied that way ends up looking like beard.
When the powder under cheekbones and eyes sets, use a large powder brush to wipe the powder out. After doing so, you will notice how incredibly smooth and matte your skin is.
7. Let’s talk about brows. Kylie’s brows are naturally thick and dark so we’ll need to imitate it regardless the natural shape of your brows. To recreate bold Kylie Jenner’s brow look, I brushed my brows first and then applied dark brown brow pomade with the help of angled brush. Then, I used the same brush to fill in brows with a dark brown brow powder. I applied the same concealer I used for my under eye area to clean up the brow line and blended it out with a flat concealer brush. Finally, I used a tiny amount of translucent loose powder to set up the brows and make them look a bit less dramatic.
8. For blush, I used an apricot blush from The Power of Makeup palette that I applied with a medium blush brush. To give you a bit of direction, try picking up the smallest amount of blush, applying it above contour, and blending these two colors together.
9. A must-do for every red carpet look is a bit of subtle highlighter that looks so great on camera. For this look, I used one of the latest launches by Maybelline, *Maybelline Master Strobbing Liquid in Light. You can either apply it with your fingertips or brush, putting it right above the blush and blending it a bit with the blush color.
10. Eye makeup is essential part of Kylie Jenner look and all eye shadows you need to recreate the look are presented in the *Maybelline One 24K Nudes Palette. As I mentioned above, it’s a great quality palette that works no worth than any high-end brand and comes in such affordable price!
Step #1: Take the ivory shade from the palette and apply it all over the lid, under the brow and on the inner sides of the nose.
Step #2: Pick a golden brown shade from the palette and apply it onto the crease and the lid. Using medium blending blush thoroughly blend the eye shadow into skin.
Step #3: Switch to a small flat brush and pick dark brown eye shadow. Apply it near the lash line and blend the shadow towards the outer corners of the eye.
Step #4: Pick up a small flat brush and apply brick orange eye shadow on the lower lid.
11. Kylie always applies eyeliner as it allows emphasizing the beauty of her brown eyes. In this tutorial, I’ll be using the latest launch of Maybelline, which is *Eye Studio Master Precise Liquid Liner in #110 Black. It comes with a super handy applicator that reminds me Kat Von D eyeliner—with the only difference is that it is a super affordable product which is more durable than the high-end version.
After your winged eyeliner is done, apply a bit of soft black lip crayon onto the lash line so you don’t see any white spots in between your lashes. This trick will make your eyes even more expressive looking.
12. Don’t be frustrated if you don’t have as thick lashes as Kylie does because there is a new product that will help you to dramatically improve the appearance of your natural lashes. If you read my blog for a while, you know that Maybelline Volum’ Express The Colossal Mascara is my absolute favorite drugstore option that I actually prefer to many high-end products. Let me tell you that the brand’s recent mascara launch, *Maybelline Big Shot Mascara, actually bits my previously favorite Maybelline mascara. There is something about its formula and brush that makes lashes even more voluminous and pigmented. Ever since I’ve tried this mascara, I’ve been wearing (and loving it!) daily.
13. Lip makeup is the final step in this Kylie Jenner makeup tutorial and it definitely requires a bit of over-lining the lips.
Step #1: Apply the same concealer you used under your eyes onto your lips and pat the product with your fingertips.
Step #2: Using a neutral shade of a lip pencil, outline your lips a bit outside of your natural lip line.
Step #3: To recreate Kylie’s signature neutral lip color, I mixed two shades of *Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color in #575 and #570.
This lipstick features some of the most comfortable lipstick formulas I’ve tested in a while and it will never make your lips as dry as liquid lipstick that Kylie uses.
That’s it! We are all set with this Kylie Jenner inspired look. Please let me know in the comments area below what are some other celebrity-inspired tutorials you’d love to see on the blog in 2017 and I will make sure to accommodate your request in the upcoming episodes of the Get The Look series.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you my Maybelline.